Martin Perez's weblog

Google
 
Web This weblog

Monday, July 03, 2006

Oracle ADF goes open source: Good news for Java Server Faces

Just I have read that on TheServerSide that Oracle ADF goes Open Source. It will be licensed under an Apache license and it seems that project's fate is now in Apache MyFace's hands. That's great.


I have been played recently with MyFaces, and it gave me a good impression. I only had few problems integrating it with IBM WebSphere (in fact, I'm using IBM implmentation), but nothing more. So, I'm sure that this notice will increase MyFaces adoption.


On the other side, JSF is showing itself as the way to go. People is adopting it more and more, and with their inclussion in JEE 1.5 will make this standard even more decisive, even when now the fashion thing is to build JSF+AJAX UIs